- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition
- Reporting and Analytics
- Modern Document Formats and Print Management
Modern Document Formats and Print Management
Tue, 14 Nov 2017 16:37:03 GMT
Category: Reporting and Analytics
Every external facing document needs to be professionally formatted in standard D365FO using the new Modern formats framework, and these formats should ship with the product. Documents should include the typical fields most customers want. These documents should either be extensible or there should be a documented process for copying the standard document and modifying it. Print management needs to be improved so all modern forms of document transmission are supported.
Every document means:
- Any document I might transmit to a Customer or Vendor, pretty much any document covered by Print Management.
- The documents are part of D365FO when it is deployed, without any modifications.
Professionally formatted means:
- The document was reviewed by a graphic designer.
- Acceptable logo sizes and ppi are documented.
- The document works with both Letter and A4 paper sizes.
- The margins on the document are even and consistent.
- Multi-page documents are tested, don't leave extra white-space on the page, and have appropriate minimalist headers and footers.
Typical fields means:
- Microsoft has surveyed the user community for what fields they include on each document type, and have included the ones that are common to a majority of customers.
- Global requirements have been considered (i.e. Banking, Tax fields, Dates that are clear no matter what country is viewing the document).
Print management improvements means:
- Ability to transmit a document using Exchange, SMTP, or Local Outlook.
- Ability to use GER to transmit a document.
- Ability to have a "Modern" formatted email template with wildcards from the Source journal record.
- Ability to control the file name in an Email or File.
- Ability to use some concept of Print archive, so the actual PDF that was sent is always recorded in a way the user can easily retrieve it.
Please add your comments with any additional requirements not listed above.
- 72 Votes up for this idea
- 4 Votes down for this idea
- 76 Votes for this idea