- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Customization and Solutions
- Allow the same entity to be included and filtered more than once in the same App and SiteMap
Allow the same entity to be included and filtered more than once in the same App and SiteMap
Tue, 27 Jun 2017 15:54:32 GMT
Category: Customization and Solutions
The new app and site map works well for displaying a limited set of records to a user.
However, if the App Designer was enhanced so that the each Entity View was related to a site map entry instead of the entity itself, that would mean the following could be easily configured :
1. A site map entry for Contact with to show a single all contacts view.
2. A site map entry for Student (a contact with a particular type) that only displays the student forms and views.
3, A site map entry for Teachers (a contact with a particular type) that only displays the teacher forms and views.
In this way we can have proper segmentation of types of contact without the need to model a new custom entity.
This functionality could be in place of that suggested here as the net effect would be the same.
- 3 Votes up for this idea
- 0 Votes down for this idea
- 3 Votes for this idea